Friday 4 April 2014

My Research Work

Most of the time when I meet new people and they ask me what research I am working on I find it not easy to explain what I really do, so I just go with " I work in Biomedical Engineering" which is very vague. So here I try to explain what I do in a simple way.
 My work is mostly on Electrical Impedance Tomography(EIT). It has applications in industrial engineering and bio-medicine. EIT produces images of the distribution of resistivity, or its variation with time or frequency, within the subject under test. That is It can give an image of the electrical resistance of the subject or object under test. In practice almost all EIT systems use constant current sources, and measure voltage differences between adjacent pairs of electrodes. To obtain an image with good spatial resolution, a number of such measurements is required.
















In my lab, Impedance Imaging Research Center (IIRC) a lot of people from various universities and different background work together to develop physical and mathematical models, simulate, design, implement and test the EIT system. The lab is run by Prof. Eung Je Woo who is also my supervisor and adviser. Many other groups around the world are also working on the same topic as us.

My job is to build the electronic and mechanical hardware as well as the software to control the system. I also perform various experiments.

 Some of my work  
                                    Bio-impedance spectroscopy


                                      Planar EIT

                                                                       
                                         Micro-EIT                                 


                                                            
                                          Fabric based pressure sensing
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the comment section to give your opinion in a respectable way and decent language, Thank you.